The Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class
Due to COVID-19, all classes are currently online, which means there are no geographical limitations. You can take this class no matter where you live!
Why do people love Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Classes?
- Mentorship from Sharon, an experienced Evidence Based Birth® Instructor. I’ve been a certified doula and birth instructor since 2013.
- The flexibility and luxury of learning from the comfort of your own home.
- Five weeks of online videos that correlate with our classes, you and a partner or support person can watch together.
- Two accounts for the Evidence Based Birth® Parents site which includes a PDF library with articles covering research on 30+ topics, a video library for 20+ topics, beautiful birth videos, relaxation audio tracks and more!
- A fun, relaxed, interactive, learning atmosphere.
- Most of all, empowering preparation for birth.
Sharon’s passion for birth is contagious, which is just what this nervous first-time parent needed. My partner and I were well-equipped to navigate our birth options, resulting in a very positive — even exciting! — birth experience, including high-fives and chocolate cake. Talk about an empowering, memorable life event!
I was highly skeptical of the need for birth education–the body knows what to do, right? Sharon effortlessly disabused me of that fallacy. By the end of her class, not only was I able to be a pillar of support for my wife in childbirth, I felt like I was an intimate part of the process. We brought our kids into the world as a team. I cannot fathom having done it any other way.
- Comfort measures
- Relaxation techniques
- Cutting edge research on a variety of topics
- Stages of Labor
- Partners or other support people and important ways they can help
- Navigating the healthcare system
- Breastfeeding and newborn care
- Postpartum recovery and so much more
- BONUS: Earn points throughout the class to get prizes at the end!
The course lasts 6 weeks, one meeting each week.
Weeks 1 & 6 are 2 hours long and are typically in person. However, due to COVID-19, we will be 100% virtual and will meet each week via Zoom.
Weeks 2-5 are one hour each.
Every class is paired with online learning material you’re encouraged to dive into. (That’s where fun gamification, and prize earning comes in!)
|Series start dates|
All classes are currently offered through Ann Arbor Birth & Family.
EBB with Sharon was absolutely amazing! She was knowledgeable, passionate, and funny. We felt prepared and well equipped for labor and delivery!