The Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class
Why do people love Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Classes?
- Mentorship from Sharon, an experienced Evidence Based Birth® Instructor. I’ve been a certified doula and birth instructor since 2013.
- The flexibility and luxury of learning from the comfort of your own home.
- Six weeks of online videos that correlate with our classes, you and a partner (if applicable) can watch together.
- Two accounts for the Evidence Based Birth® Parents site which includes a PDF library with articles covering research on 30+ topics, a video library for 20+ topics, beautiful birth videos, relaxation audio tracks and more!
- A fun, relaxed, interactive, learning atmosphere.
- Most of all, empowering preparation for birth.
Sharon’s passion for birth is contagious, which is just what this nervous first-time parent needed. My partner and I were well-equipped to navigate our birth options, resulting in a very positive — even exciting! — birth experience, including high-fives and chocolate cake. Talk about an empowering, memorable life event!
I was highly skeptical of the need for birth education–the body knows what to do, right? Sharon effortlessly disabused me of that fallacy. By the end of her class, not only was I able to be a pillar of support for my wife in childbirth, I felt like I was an intimate part of the process. We brought our kids into the world as a team. I cannot fathom having done it any other way.
- Comfort measures
- Relaxation techniques
- Cutting edge research on a variety of topics
- Stages of Labor
- Partners or other support people and important ways they can help
- Navigating the healthcare system
- Breastfeeding and newborn care
- Postpartum recovery and so much more!
- BONUS: Earn points throughout the class to get prizes at the end!
The course lasts 6 weeks
- Class 1: 2 Hours in-person (if covid allows), Zoom for distance learners
- Class 2: 1 Hour zoom
- Class 3: 1 Hour zoom
- Class 4: 1 Hour zoom
- Class 5: 1 Hour zoom
- Class 6: 2 Hours in-person (if covid allows), Zoom for distance learners
Every class is paired with online learning material you’re encouraged to dive into. (That’s where fun gamification, and prize earning comes in!)
After teaching classes completely virtual in 2020-2021, I am currently in the midst of selecting the physical space in which we’ll meet for the Fall if Covid numbers are low. I’m currently looking at 3 possibilities located in downtown Ann Arbor, the West side of Ann Arbor, or Ypsilanti near the Target on Carpenter Road. I’ll keep students updated as soon as I have plans solidified. The September class is open to both in-person and distance learners. I’ll take a poll to find a time to teach each group separately for class 1 and 6. 2-5 we’ll all zoom together. Thank you for your flexibility!
If covid numbers spike again, we will discuss as a class what people’s comfort levels are, and I will make sure to meet everyone’s needs whether they’d prefer to meet in person or virtually. In short, if you’re looking for an Ann Arbor Birth Class or Ypsilanti Birth Class, I’ve got you covered! I regularly have students from all over Metro-Detroit and Washtenaw, Wayne, and Livingston counties.
Registration covers both the pregnant person and a partner of their choice.
- Basic Package for $295: The 6 week Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class, 3 months access to the online learning material, and mentorship from Sharon.
- Deluxe Package for $335: The 6 week Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class, 6 months access to the online learning material, mentorship from Sharon, and a hard copy of the workbook sent directly to your home.
|Series start dates|
EBB with Sharon was absolutely amazing! She was knowledgeable, passionate, and funny. We felt prepared and well equipped for labor and delivery!
Evidence Based Birth® is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for pregnant persons of any age, religion, race, sexual identity, gender identity, or relationship status.
Sharon offers one scholarship for 50% off tuition each session. Students can choose the basic or deluxe package to discount, and are eligible by either self identifying as 1. Low income, and/or 2. BIPOC. As long as there are racial disparities in maternal care, I’ll continue to be especially passionate about the latter eligibility, and will work to find ways to increase accessibility to EBB classes for parents of color. Contact Sharon at email@example.com to check on scholarship availability.